The Furutech FI-68 is a sophisticated inline power filtering device that is used to terminate onto your favorite AC power cable, and is used in place of a conventional IEC connector. The FI-68 eliminates many common issues that are caused by contaminated electrical power lines. The FI-68 offers protection against distortion caused by ground noise, voltage spikes and sags, high frequency power supply noise from other components in your own system, as well as high-frequency digital noise emanating from processors and digital interconnects.
As many audiophiles know, the quality of your AC Power can make or break the ultimate enjoyment of your system. The audio you hear from your home entertainment system is derived from the incoming electricity itself, and the typically violent "storms" riding along the AC line and its ground can be very detrimental to the performance of your components
Your residential AC supply is shared with other apartments, homes, and businesses on the same utility transformer, which may help explain why many audiophiles find their systems perform even better late at night and over weekends.
While the Furutech FI-68 performs exceptionally well at eliminating common AC problems, it does so without restricting current draw in any way, as confirmed by extensive testing by Furutech's engineers.
The Furutech FI-68 IEC connector with Filter helps lower noise on every component on which it’s used, resulting exceptionally natural yet extremely fine resolution down to, and ultimately through the utterly silent noise floor. It improves soundstaging and imaging while allowing the nuanced high frequencies that are actually present in the recording to shine. It also allows an engaging midrange, tight and controlled bass, with power and dynamics to spare.
AC 115V/250V 15A 50/60Hz
- The body of the Furutech FI-68 filter combines two “active” materials: Nano-sized ceramic particles and powdered carbon plus Nylon and fiberglass to form an extremely effective mechanically and electrically damped body
- Use between power cables and power distributors or power cables and components
- Eliminates radiated noise in the AC
- Fitted with nonmagnetic 24k gold-plated or rhodium-plated α(Alpha) pure copper connector parts
- A parallel circuit with an in-line coil and capacitor that reduces noise at 100KHz by 8dB and at 500KHz by 14 dB and at 10MHz by more than 30dB
- Floating Field Damper™ (Earth/Ground Jumper System) with US Patent No.: 6,669,491/ European Patent (EP1445837)
- Nylon /fiberglass main body and inner cover plate.
- Housing material formed of nylon and fiberglass also incorporates a special concentrated stainless steel fiber in resin. This combination of materials promotes static dissipation and improves EMI shielding – attaining above 40dB of EMI shielding effectiveness.
- Specified for cable diameters of 6.6mm to 15.5mm (Wire size of 3.5mm2 (12AWG) max.)
- Polycarbonate cable damping clamp with stainless screws
- Connection: Set screw with ID.:3.5~4.0mm “O” type Terminals
Blue terminal for 14AWG (2.0mm2) wire
Black terminal for 12AWG (3.5mm2) wire
- Dimensions: 40.6mm diameter X 121mm overall length